Bachelor of Arts, International Relations
U.S. Green Building Council
American Planning Association
Areas of Special Competence
Environmental Studies and Planning
Land Use and Entitlements
Gail Renard, LEED AP
Years Experience: 31
Gail Uyetake Renard “grew up” as a planner at HHF, cultivating her expertise in environmental planning, project management, and land use planning through her 20+ years working on a wide range of project types in Hawai‘i and the Pacific. She has successfully prepared and managed numerous Federal and State environmental impact documents, comprehensive plans, and land use entitlements for large- and small-scale projects extending from Downtown Hilo to northeastern Japan. Gail’s portfolio ranges from ocean-based projects to federal installation planning to campus planning. She enjoys the diversity of the planning profession, and thrives on learning new things with each project that comes her way.
Recent work-related trips to Japan motivated Gail to polish the rusty Japanese language skills she gained in Tokyo after her college graduation. They came in handy on a Japan project when the team’s flight was cancelled twice and she led her team—plus luggage—through a packed Tokyo peak hour train commute.
- Leeward Community College Long Range Development Plan, O‘ahu
- Wave Energy Test Site Environmental Assessment (EA), O‘ahu
- X-Ray Wharf EA, Apra Harbor, Guam
- Kewalo Basin Improvements: Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), Special Management Area Permit, and Conditional Use Permit, O‘ahu
- Koa Ridge Makai and Castle & Cooke Waiawa Development EIS, O‘ahu
- Kilo Wharf NEPA EIS, Apra Harbor, Guam