HHF has a wealth of experience in preparing master plans, the starting point for land development or reuse and the framework for all subsequent land development and design studies. We have produced plans for a diverse range of project types, including:
- Community Plans
- New Town Plans
- Institutional Plans
- Military Facilities Plans
- Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Trail Plans
- Tourism and Resort Plans
HHF takes pride in its ability to create master plans that successfully articulate the public or private owner’s vision and objectives for the long-range use of a land parcel, community, or region. We provide the client with an overall understanding of:
- Guiding land use principles
- General carrying capacity relative to unit counts, gross floor areas, and on-site populations
- Optimal relationships between developable lands, transportation, and open space elements
- Consistency with public plans, policies, and programs
- Phasing with a focus on short-term projects and priorities
- Benchmarking and other indicators to track implementation
Within the conceptual framework, HHF utilizes market research, engineering/infrastructure considerations, environmental assets and constraints, community preferences, and imaging concepts to determine layouts of such elements as land use districts and road circulation patterns.
HHF has had the privilege to prepare a wide range of public- and private-sector master plans in Hawai‘i and throughout the Pacific.