Creating adaptive landscapes for a sustainable future…
The landscape architects and designers at HHF Planners create designs that fully explore the possibilities inherent in project location, program requirements, and budget. With a deep understanding of natural systems and sustainable principles, and a deep respect for cultural setting and historical context, we are committed to building meaningful, vital, and lasting landscapes. Our experience spans all aspects of landscape design and project management in Hawai‘i and throughout the world.
Our landscape architecture services include:
- Conceptual design through construction documentation for landscape planting, irrigation, lighting
- Design and aesthetic direction for water features and hardscape
- Landscape renovations
- Master planning and site planning
- Construction phase observation and on-site aesthetic direction
- Cultural landscape assessments
Team-building and collaboration are an integral part of our work process with clients, fellow consultants, and our own in-house planners, historic preservation specialists, sustainability specialists with on staff LEED Accredited Professional, GIS analyst and cartographer, and graphic designers.
We effectively use a diversity of graphic techniques and writing to describe ideas and document designs. Free-hand and Photoshop®-based sketches/renderings and SketchUp® modeling are useful tools for accurately and contextually representing design opportunities in the early stages of a project. AutoCAD® and GIS technology are essential for plan production.
Our design palette includes tropical—including native Hawaiian species—to temperate zone plants; renewable/sustainable/low-impact hardscape material; reusable on-site materials; water-efficient irrigation and water feature components; and locally produced site furnishings.
Our projects include:
- Office Building Landscapes
- Retail Center Mall Designs
- Institutional Campuses
- Resort Gardens and Pool Areas
- Military Installation Landscapes
- Neighborhood and Community Landscape Designs
- Cultural and Botanical Gardens
- Private Residential Gardens